Sesame Place suggests that visitors 13 and younger be accompanied by an adult except when participating in an event intended only for young guests such as birthday parties and education programs.
Safety is our highest priority, and we meet or exceed all safety guidelines set forth by state agencies, industry organizations, as well as our ride and slide manufacturers. Each ride has a posted safety warning sign at the entrance, which may be different for each attraction. Guests should review these safety requirements, based on manufacturer guidelines and our park safety protocols.
Park Closing Policy
In order to guarantee our guests' comfort and safety, Sesame Place may close during the day based on attendance. Guests are encouraged to arrive early. Please check sesameplace.com or call 1-215-702-3566 for details.
The Sunny Day Guarantee
- If weather affects ride operations or impacts the park’s operating hours, visit Guest Relations to exchange your ticket for a Sunny Day Ticket.
- A Sunny Day ticket is valid for a return visit any operating day one year from the date issued
- Sunny Day tickets are issued at Guest Relations and The Welcome Center
- Guests who do not exchange their ticket on the date of their visit forfeit their Sunny Day tickets
- Guests will receive one Sunny Day ticket for every paid admission ticket
- Not valid on Season Passes, chaperone and complimentary tickets
Sesame Place offers guests a smoke-free environment. Smoking is only permitted outside the front gate
To give all guests an equal opportunity to view the parade, we no longer allow the use of unattended blankets, strollers, bags or towels as a means of saving seats. All unattended items will be taken to the Welcome Center.
Line Cutting Policy
Line cutting is prohibited at all rides, attractions and shows. Cutting in line for any reason may result in ejection from the park. No refunds will be issued. Sesame Place defines line cutting as: Cutting in front of other guests who are already in line, saving a spot for another guest, leaving a line, then attempting to reenter at the same point. Any behavior deemed inappropriate by Sesame Place may result in ejection from the park without refund.
Food and Beverage Policy:
No outside food, beverages, or coolers are allowed to be brought into Sesame Place, except you may bring a bottle of water or a refillable water bottle. Exceptions may be made for Guests with special dietary needs, including food allergies and baby food/formula. Guest should contact [email protected] 3 days prior to their visit to make accommodations.
As you are making plans to visit Sesame Place, browse through the online menus for our park restaurants to familiarize yourself with the available options before your visit. We also recommend reading through our park allergen information. If you have questions about special dietary needs prior to your Sesame Place visit, please contact us at [email protected]. Guest must adhere to the 12x12 cooler size, larger coolers will not be permitted.
Sesame Place will do our best to accommodate special dietary requests. Please contact a restaurant supervisor during your visit to discuss special requests.
Water Health & Safety Information
Know how to be cool at the pool. Play and swim with these six simple tips: Learn More
Swim Attire Policy
Life Jackets are available on all appropriate attractions.
Proper swim wear is required on all wet attractions. Swim diapers are required for diaper-wearing children. Water shoes are recommended. Swim suits, water shoes and swim diapers are available for purchase inside the park. Guests must wear appropriate clothing while in the park.
- Swim diapers are required for all water attractions and are available for purchase at the park.
- Proper swim attire must be worn on all water attractions.
- For all mechanical rides as well as some water rides, guests not meeting the established height and/or age requirements must be accompanied by a supervising companion at least 14 years of age.
- Loose articles are not permitted on mechanical rides and must remain with a non-rider or in a locker. Attendants are not responsible for loose articles.
- Shoes must be worn on all mechanical rides.
- Line cutting is not permitted. Guests that exit a line must reenter at the end of the line.
- For those guests with special needs, a Ride Accessibility Guide is available on the website as well as at The Welcome Center. Customized print-outs of accessible rides based on the guests’ needs are provided at The Welcome Center.
Sesame Place is committed to providing guests a safe and enjoyable experience. Because of different pathway configuration and terrain as well as large crowds that include small children and strollers, we regret that we cannot permit the use of two-wheeled, self-balancing electric vehicles such as Segways. We are pleased to offer other forms of personal transportation, including electric convenience vehicles and standard wheelchairs and we encourage you to contact Guest Services with any question you may have.
Sesame Place has security procedures, which may result in slight delays while entering the park. As a part of this process:
- All bags, backpacks and packages will be screened through an x-ray machine
- All persons are subject to screening for prohibited items using walk-through or hand-held metal detectors prior to entering the park
- As a reminder, the following items are not permitted to be brought into Sesame Place for the safety of our guests and Ambassadors:
• Weapons of any kind or objects that appear to be weapons (to include self-defense sprays, pocket knives, toy guns, squirt guns, water blasters, etc.)
• Articles of clothing with offensive language or images
• Flags, banners, signs, or voice amplification devices used for the purpose of conducting demonstrations or to incite a crowd
• Large markers, permanent pens and spray paint
• Water play toys such as inflatables, foam noodles, beach balls or any type of sports ball and super soakers
• Recreational devices such as drones, remote-controlled toys, skateboards, scooters, shoes with built-in wheels, roller and inline skates
• Alcoholic beverages, marijuana, drug paraphernalia or other illegal substances
• Glass containers (excluding glass baby bottles and small baby food jars) and plastic straws
• Wheeled mobility devices with less than 3 wheels or devices that cannot maintain stability and balance when stopped, unpowered or unoccupied
• Fireworks and other flammable items
• Laser pens, laser pointers or similar focused light devices
• BBQs and picnic lunches
• Portable stereos and loud music
• Furniture of any kind (including but not limited to umbrellas, chairs, infant walkers, high chairs, etc.)
• Personal lifejackets that are not an approved US Coast Guard Type II or III life vest
- Any item that a guest presents that security deems unsafe or inappropriate will also not be inside the park. These decisions are made on a case-by-case basis.
- Please leave any unnecessary articles secured within your vehicle to expedite your entry into the park
Sesame Place is not responsible for fire, theft, damage or loss of vehicle or articles left within vehicles.