Is there a place to store my belongings inside the park?
Yes! Lockers are conveniently located at the front of the park near Sky Splash. Lockers are self-service and may be purchased in advance, online or on the day of your visit at the rentals counter with either cash or a credit card.
May I bring my own food and beverages into Sesame Place?
Picnic lunches are not permitted in the park. We offer a variety of food options at restaurants and concession stands throughout the park. Exceptions are made for guests with special dietary needs to include food allergies and baby food/formula. Guest should contact Park Security at the bag check upon arrival for approval to bring in these special dietary foods. Picnic tables are provided in select locations of the parking lot for outside food consumption. Grills and open fires are not allowed.
- Coolers larger than 10”X10”X12”
- Any glass items including bottles and containers
- Alcoholic beverages
- Coolers 10”X10”X12” or smaller
- Medically necessary items
- Sealed, non-alcoholic beverages
- Baby food/formula
- Small, single-serve snack-sized items such as chips, pretzels, cookies and fruit
Do you have ATMs in the park?
ATMs are located at Sesame Souvenirs Gift Shop, Cookie’s Café, and Sesame Games Playhouse.
Lost and Found
Please contact Lost and Found by visiting us here.
Our team will make every effort to locate and return the item to you.
Do you allow pets in the park?
Service Animals are welcome at Sesame Place. Service Animals are limited to dogs and miniature horses that have been individually trained to do work or perform tasks for the benefit of an individual with a disability. Service animals must remain on a leash or in a harness at all times, unless such leash or harness interferes with the service the animal is providing, or the handler is unable to use a leash or harness due to his/her disability. The animal also must be housebroken.
Service animals are the responsibility of the owner and cannot be left unattended. Guests are responsible for the clean-up and for controlling their service animal’s behavior. If, at any time, your service animal’s behavior becomes a threat to the safety and well-being of other park guests or animals, you will be asked to leave the premises. For more information about Service Animals, please refer to our Accessibility Guide.
What if I need to leave the park to get something out of my car? Can I get back into the park?
Yes. Prior to leaving the park, guests should have their hand stamped for re-entry at the Front Gate.
What amenities are available to parents with infants and toddlers?
- Changing Stations: are conveniently located in each restroom facility
- Bottle Warming: located at the Welcome Center and Family Care Center for guest use.
- ID Wristbands for Children: are available at the Welcome Center
- Child Swap: This is when an adult wants to ride with their children but the ride does not allow them all to ride at the same time. Once at the front of line, the adult can ride with one child while the other waits at the front of the line. Once the ride is complete, the children switch spots and the adult will ride with the other child without having to wait in line again. Team members may not ride with a child and cannot take responsibility for a child participating in a child swap. A child swap must be done by a member of the party to allow the children to ride.
- Family Care Center: is located next to Cookie’s Café, near the Sunny Day Carousel. Lost child announcements are if a child is brought to the Family Care Center. Should your family get separated, set up a meeting spot in advance. Carry a picture of your child. Point out park employees to your child. Teach them to find a park employee with a name tag and ask for help should they get separated.
- Stroller Rentals: Large double stroller with seatbelts and canopy are available for all day rental.
- Life Jackets: are provided at each water attraction which one is required to be worn. Guests are also welcome to bring their own lifejacket as long as it is an approved US Coast Guard Type II or III life vest. To check to see if your lifejacket is approved please visit The Welcome Center or ask any lifeguard supervisor.
What is your weather policy?
Sunny Day Guarantee Policy:
- If weather affects ride operations or impacts the park’s operating hours, visit Guest Relations to exchange your ticket for a Sunny Day Ticket.
- A Sunny Day ticket is valid for a return visit any operating day one year from the date issued.
- Sunny Day tickets are issued at Guest Relations and The Welcome Center.
- Guests who do not exchange their ticket on the date of their visit forfeit their Sunny Day tickets.
- Guests will receive one Sunny Day ticket for every paid admission ticket.
- Not valid on Season Passes, chaperone and complimentary tickets.
"Let it Snow" (But Not Rain!) Guarantee Policy:
- If your day is impacted by weather, visit Guest Relations to receive a ticket for your "Let it Snow" (But Not Rain!) Ticket.
- This ticket is valid for one return visit any operating day one year from the date issued.
- Guests may exchange their admission ticket at Guest Relations upon leaving the park.
- Guests who do not exchange their ticket on the date of their visit forfeit their “Let it Snow” (But Not Rain!) tickets.
- Guests will receive one “Let it Snow” (But Not Rain!) ticket for every paid admission ticket.
- Not valid on Season Passes, chaperone and complimentary tickets.
See our park's operation hours with our 2020 monthly calendar. If you're ready to go, you can save money online by purchasing tickets here.
Is smoking permitted inside the park?
Sesame Place offers guests a smoke-free environment. Smoking is only permitted outside the front gate.
Does Sesame Place have a dress code?
Life Jackets are available on all appropriate attractions. Proper swim wear is required on all wet attractions. Swim diapers are required for diaper-wearing children. Water shoes are recommended. Swim suits, water shoes and swim diapers are available for purchase inside the park. Guests must wear appropriate clothing while in the park.
Are Segways permitted in the park?
Sesame Place is committed to providing guests a safe and enjoyable experience. Because of different pathway configuration and terrain as well as large crowds that include small children and strollers, we regret that we cannot permit the use of two-wheeled, self-balancing electric vehicles such as Segways. We are pleased to offer other forms of personal transportation, including electric convenience vehicles and standard wheelchairs and we encourage you to contact Guest Services with any question you may have.
Are there any items that are not permitted inside the park?
For your safety, ALL hand-carried items, including backpacks, purses and belt bags are subject to search prior to entering the park. For your safety, the following items are not permitted in the park: weapons of any type, costume props/toys resembling a weapon, masks covering the face, glass items including bottles and containers, no knives. For your safety, water play toys such as inflatables, foam noodles and super soakers are not permitted inside the park. To expedite entry into the park, leave any unnecessary articles secured in your vehicle. Sesame Place is not responsible for fire, theft, damage or loss of vehicle or articles left within vehicles
Family Care Center for Nursing Mothers
A private nursing room is located next to the main entrance of Cookie's Cafe.
Changing Stations are conveniently located in each restroom facility.
Bottle warmers are located at The Welcome Center and Family Care Center for guest use.