Sesame Place suggests that visitors 13 and younger be accompanied by an adult except when participating in an event intended only for young guests such as birthday parties and education programs.
Safety is our highest priority, and we meet or exceed all safety guidelines set forth by state agencies, industry organizations, as well as our ride and slide manufacturers. Each ride has a posted safety warning sign at the entrance, which may be different for each attraction. Guests should review these safety requirements, based on manufacturer guidelines and our park safety protocols.
Park Closing Policy
In order to guarantee our guests' comfort and safety, Sesame Place may close during the day based on attendance. Guests are encouraged to arrive early. Please check sesameplace.com or call 1-215-702-3566 for details.
The Sunny Day Guarantee
- If weather affects ride operations or impacts the park’s operating hours, visit Guest Relations to exchange your ticket for a Sunny Day Ticket.
- A Sunny Day ticket is valid for a return visit any operating day one year from the date issued
- Sunny Day tickets are issued at Guest Relations and The Welcome Center
- Guests who do not exchange their ticket on the date of their visit forfeit their Sunny Day tickets
- Guests will receive one Sunny Day ticket for every paid admission ticket
- Not valid on Season Passes, chaperone and complimentary tickets
Sesame Place offers guests a smoke-free environment. Smoking is only permitted outside the front gate
To give all guests an equal opportunity to view the parade, we no longer allow the use of unattended blankets, strollers, bags or towels as a means of saving seats. All unattended items will be taken to the Welcome Center.
Line Cutting Policy
Line cutting is prohibited at all rides, attractions and shows. Cutting in line for any reason may result in ejection from the park. No refunds will be issued. Sesame Place defines line cutting as: Cutting in front of other guests who are already in line, saving a spot for another guest, leaving a line, then attempting to reenter at the same point. Any behavior deemed inappropriate by Sesame Place may result in ejection from the park without refund.
Food and Beverage Policy:
Picnic lunches are not permitted in the park. We offer a variety of food options at restaurants and concession stands throughout the park. Exceptions are made for guests with special dietary needs to include food allergies and baby food/formula. Guest should contact Park Security at the bag check upon arrival for approval to bring in these special dietary foods. Picnic tables are provided in select locations of the parking lot for outside food consumption. Grills and open fires are not allowed.
- Coolers larger than 10”X10”X12”
- Any glass items including bottles and containers
- Alcoholic beverages
- Coolers 10”X10”X12” or smaller
- Medically necessary items
- Sealed, non-alcoholic beverages
- Baby food/formula
- Small, single-serve snack-sized items such as chips, pretzels, cookies and fruit
As you are making plans to visit Sesame Place, browse through the online menus for our park restaurants to familiarize yourself with the available options before your visit. We also recommend reading through our park allergen information. If you have questions about special dietary needs prior to your Sesame Place visit, please contact us at [email protected].
Sesame Place will do our best to accommodate special dietary requests. Please contact a restaurant supervisor during your visit to discuss special requests.
Exceptions to our outside food/beverage policy can be made for guests with special dietary needs, including food allergies. Please notify a Security Team Member performing the security bag check at the front gate that you or a member of your party has a food allergy/intolerance. Items may be stored in coolers 10”X10”X12” or smaller. Glass containers are not allowed.
Water Health & Safety Information
Know how to be cool at the pool. Play and swim with these six simple tips:Learn More
Swim Attire Policy
Life Jackets are available on all appropriate attractions.
Proper swim wear is required on all wet attractions. Swim diapers are required for diaper-wearing children. Water shoes are recommended. Swim suits, water shoes and swim diapers are available for purchase inside the park. Guests must wear appropriate clothing while in the park.
- Swim diapers are required for all water attractions and are available for purchase at the park.
- Proper swim attire must be worn on all water attractions.
- For all mechanical rides as well as some water rides, guests not meeting the established height and/or age requirements must be accompanied by a supervising companion at least 14 years of age.
- Loose articles are not permitted on mechanical rides and must remain with a non-rider or in a locker. Attendants are not responsible for loose articles.
- Shoes must be worn on all mechanical rides.
- Line cutting is not permitted. Guests that exit a line must reenter at the end of the line.
- For those guests with special needs, a Ride Accessibility Guide is available on the website as well as at The Welcome Center. Customized print-outs of accessible rides based on the guests’ needs are provided at The Welcome Center.
Sesame Place is committed to providing guests a safe and enjoyable experience. Because of different pathway configuration and terrain as well as large crowds that include small children and strollers, we regret that we cannot permit the use of two-wheeled, self-balancing electric vehicles such as Segways. We are pleased to offer other forms of personal transportation, including electric convenience vehicles and standard wheelchairs and we encourage you to contact Guest Services with any question you may have.
Sesame Place does have security procedures in place that may result in slight delays while entering the park.
- For your safety, ALL hand-carried items, including backpacks, purses and belt bags are subject to search prior to entering the park
- For your safety, the following items are not permitted in the park: weapons of any type, costume props/toys resembling a weapon, masks covering the face, glass items including bottles and containers, no knives
- For your safety, water play toys such as inflatables, foam noodles and super soakers are not permitted inside the park
- To expedite entry into the park, leave any unnecessary articles secured in your vehicle
- Sesame Place is not responsible for fire, theft, damage or loss of vehicle or articles left within vehicles