Scouts' Day Out at
June 2, 2018
Calling out scouts! Gather your group for a fun-filled and educational day at Sesame Place.
Exclusive Discounts for Scout Groups
Bring your scout group of 15 or more, save over 75% on admission, and receive one complimentary ticket for every 10 paid! Tickets are valid for one visit:
- Any operating day April 27 – June 17, 2018
- Weekdays (Mon-Fri) June 18 – September 3, 2018
- Any operating day September 8 – October 28, 2018
Save on Dining
Add a meal to your scout group admission ticket for $9. Meals include one entree, side and beverage, and child meals include a souvenir plate. Meals are valid at Elmo's Eatery, Cookie's Café, Captain Ernie's Bistro, and Grover's Island Grille.
Empower Critical Thinking
Sesame Place has developed programming that supports Sesame Street's focus on STEM education: encouraging children to think critically about Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math. Activities include:
- Play I Spy! by asking your Scouts to look around to find objects that support STEM learning, such as tools, levers, wheels, wedges, trees, and wildlife. Encourage your group to ask questions like: How does this work? Why is it designed that way?
- While waiting in line for a ride, observe the structure and mechanics of the ride together. Ask your group: how do you think the ride was built, or what kind of ride they would build if they were an engineer?
- Take part in a scavenger hunt! Groups observe and use their senses to find these 4 things: leaves, ramps, wheels, and things that float.
Earn A Sesame Place Patch
After completing a Club of Science Investigators STEM activity, your group will be able to earn their Sesame Place patch! Scouts will be able to wear their patch with pride and remember the memories they made during their trip. To receive the scout patches for your group, please fill out the form located on the last page of the CSI Guide and turn it in to the Welcome Center.
Download the Club of Science Investigators (CSI) Guide for Scout Groups
Celebrate Friendship, Imagination, and Learning
Shows at Sesame Place celebrate themes that align with the Girl Scouts’ mission of confidence, character, and making the world a better place, as well as values of the Boy Scout Law such as kindness, helpfulness, and loyalty.
- Magic of Art: With help from her friends Elmo, Cookie Monster, Grover and Telly, Abby Cadabby learns that art comes in all shapes and sizes! From paintings to stories and even sculptures, Abby’s friends inspire her to use her imagination to create her own magical masterpiece.
- Elmo The Musical: Imagination, math, and music add up in Elmo the Musical—Live at Sesame Place! Elmo likes to use his amazing imagination to put on new musicals! So when Cookie Monster’s very favorite cookie goes missing, he needs Detective Elmo and his musical investigative ways to help him out—by putting on a musical using math to solve the mystery.
- Let’s Play Together: Enjoy a heartwarming show all about the beauty of friendship! Elmo, Cookie Monster, Grover, Rosita, Bert, Ernie, and of course Abby Cadabby, play, sing, and dance while learning all about the wonderful things that friends do together.