What is the "Let it Snow" (But Not Rain!) Guarantee?
If it rains or sleets continuously for one hour, Sesame Place will exchange the ticket you purchased for a free ticket to come back another day during the 2013 A Very Furry Christmas Event! Ticket exchange must be made day of visit to park.
*Chaperone and complimentary admissions are excluded from this offer.
Park Closing Policy
In order to guarantee our guests' comfort and safety, Sesame Place may close during the day based on attendance. Guests are encouraged to arrive early. Please check sesameplace.com or call 1-866-GO-4-ELMO for details.
Sesame Place offers guests a smoke-free environment. Smoking is only permitted outside the front gate
Line Cutting Policy
Line cutting is prohibited at all rides, attractions and shows. Line cutting for any reason may result in ejection from the park. No refunds will be issued. Sesame Place defines line cutting as: Cutting in front of other guests who are already in line, saving a spot for another guest, or leaving a line, then attempting to reenter at the same point. If you must leave a line please talk to ride attendant before attempting to reenter the line. Please make all stops before entering the line.
Any behavior deemed inappropriate by Sesame Place may result in ejection from the park without refund.
Cooler and Picnic Policy
Small coolers for baby food or medicine are permitted inside the park. The maximum size of an acceptable cooler is 7 quarts or no larger than 10" x 10" x 12". If you choose to bring a picnic lunch, two picnic areas are available outside the park, one in the Preferred Parking Lot and the other in the General Parking Lot. If leaving the park to enjoy your picnic lunch, please have your hand stamped for re-admittance. No glass bottles are allowed inside the park.
Lockers can be rented for the day.
- For all mechanical rides as well as some water rides, guests not meeting the established height and/or age requirements must be accompanied by a supervising companion at least 14 years of age.
- Loose articles are not permitted on mechanical rides and must remain with a non-rider or in a locker. Attendants are not responsible for loose articles.
- Shoes must be worn on all mechanical rides.
- Line cutting is not permitted. Guests that exit a line must reenter at the end of the line.
- For those guests with special needs, a Ride Accessibility Guide is available on the website as well as at The Welcome Center. Customized print-outs of accessible rides based on the guests’ needs are provided at The Welcome Center.
SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment is committed to providing guests a safe and enjoyable experience. Because of different pathway configuration and terrain as well as large crowds that include small children and strollers, we regret that we cannot permit the use of two-wheeled, self-balancing electric vehicles such as Segways. We are pleased to offer other forms of personal transportation, including electric convenience vehicles and standard wheelchairs and we encourage you to contact Guest Services with any questions you may have.