It’s A Very Furry Christmas at Sesame Place! Open select dates November 22 – December 31. Join us for a one-of-a-kind family-friendly celebration with everyone’s favorite furry friends. The fun starts with three special Christmas shows, dry rides (weather permitting), awesome music and twinkling lights all around. Our street will glow with festivities and come to life at night with our illuminated Neighborhood Street Party Parade. And the fun continues with a special Christmas menu, super holiday shopping and, of course, a visit with Santa.
A Very Furry Christmas Ticket
FREE 2nd Visit
Christmas Single-Day Ticket
Children 23 months & younger
*Pricing subject to change
Download a copy of our Days to Play calendar specifically for our A Very Furry Christmas event to see when we are open.
Elmo’s Cloud Chaser, Blast Off, Flyin’ Fish, Peek a Bug, Honker Dinger's Derby, Captain Cookie's High "C's" Adventure, Flying Cookie Jars, Mini Monster Clubhouse, Monster Clubhouse, Monster Mix-Up, Oscar's Rotten Rusty Rockets, Sunny Day Carousel, , Bat Race, Bat Swing, Furry Express Train Ride and Super Grover’s Vapor Trail (weather permitting)
Sesame Place will have 4 Christmas themed shows.
- A Sesame Street Christmas Show: Growing up in Fairyside, Queens Abby is not familiar with the celebrations and traditions of the Christmas season. Her Sesame friends share with her their favorite things about the Holiday. After singing Christmas carols, learning about Santa, reindeer, jingle bells and gift giving; Abby discovers that the spirit of Christmas doesn't have to be on just one day, but it can be every day.
- Elmo the Musical at Sesame Place! - Christmas: Elmo is trying to think of the perfect Christmas gift to give his best friend Dorothy! Santa encourages Elmo to think and use his imagination. Elmo soon discovers that the best kind of gift to give is the one that comes from the heart.
- Elmo's Christmas Wish Show: Elmo, Cookie, Grover, Zoe and Rosita sing and dance about their favorite holiday, and talk about what each of them wants for Christmas. Murray even joins the cast, asking audience members about the "Word on the Street", and getting confused when he hears that people have NOT been saying "Murray Christmas". In the spirit of fun (and in spite of all the confusion), Elmo ends up with the best Christmas wish of all.
- 1-2-3 Christmas Tree Show: Enjoy a spectacular music and lightshow, featuring a 25 foot Christmas tree that lights up the night. Sing and dance along to Sesame Street Christmas music score. Family and friends gather together with cheerful Elves who will lead a sing along of favorite Sesame Street Christmas carols.
Yes! The Neighborhood Street Party Christmas Parade: Everyone’s favorite “Neighborhood Street Party” parade gets into the Christmas spirit with exciting Christmas songs including favorites such as Jingle Bells, Sleigh Ride, Let it Snow and Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer.
At Santa’s Workshop located in Trader Bert’s. Create memories that will last a lifetime during A Very Furry Christmas at Sesame Place. Kids and adults will enjoy interacting with a cheerful talking snow man before being greeted by joyful elf attendants who guide them inside A Very Furry Workshop as they eagerly await a visit with Santa Claus. Children are invited to sit on Santa’s lap and pose for a photo that will forever capture the memory of their Christmas experience at Sesame Place. Santa Claus will be at his Workshop from November 22 – December 21. After Christmas, Santa Claus will return to the North Pole and his pal, Santa Cookie Monster will be available for photos.
Elmo’s Eatery and Cookie’s Café will be open as well as a variety of snack and beverage carts including kettle corn.
Yes you can. Enjoy our holiday menu with your favorite Sesame Street friends and Santa Claus. Take a break from the fun at A Very Furry Christmas and refuel your family with a one-of-a-kind dining experience. You’ll enjoy a family-pleasing buffet served up with special appearances by Elmo and his Sesame Street friends. Kids love exclusive one-on-one time with their furry friends and Santa, while grown-ups appreciate the great menu. Check website for dine times and to make reservations.
For allergen information, click here. If you have questions about special dietary needs prior to your Sesame Place visit, please contact us at 215-752-7070 Ext. #207.
The park will continue to operate in light to moderate snow; however some rides and shows may be impacted. We may need to close the park for heavy snow. Please reference the “Let it Snow” (But Not Rain!) Guarantee.
If it rains or sleets continuously for one hour, Sesame Place will exchange the ticket you purchased for a free ticket to come back another day during the 2013 A Very Furry Christmas event! Ticket exchange must be made on the day of park visit.
*Chaperone and complimentary admissions are excluded from this offer.
There are diaper changing areas located in all of the restrooms. Baby bottle warmers are available in The Welcome Center and Lost Parents. There is also a nursing station adjacent to Abby’s Winter Gear.
Yes! Guests 55+ years of age receive a 30% discount on single day tickets at the gate to A Very Furry Christmas.
Guests are encouraged to dress warmly as the majority of the activities occur outside. All of our show venues are either fully or partially enclosed.
Sesame Place is committed to being accessible to guests with disabilities and to providing a safe and enjoyable environment to all guests. We have two programs in place to assist guests with disabilities. Our Ride Accessibility Program matches the individual abilities of our guests to the requirements of each ride. We also have our Special Access Program to assist guests in enjoying attractions throughout the park as some queue lines are not accessible to mobility-impaired guests. Guests with physical limitations can register for either program at the Welcome Center. Click here
for full program details or download our Accessibility Guide
Abby's Magic Queue allows you the opportunity to bypass the lines at certain attractions. Each pass allows a one-time bypass atCaptain Cookie's High C's Adventures, Oscar's Rotten Rusty Rockets, Honker Dinger Derby, Monster Mix-Up, Flying Cookie Jars, Flyin' Fish, Blast Off!, Elmo's Cloud Chaser, Peek-A-Bug, Sunny Day Carousel, Vapor Trail, Elmo Musical - Live at Sesame Place!. Abby’s Christmas Magic Queue is $15.00 and one per person is required.
We offer Discovery Dollars® Cashless Wristbands, which allow you to make purchases all day in the park without carrying your wallet. Simply use your credit card at the beginning of your visit to set up a spending account. You’ll be issued waterproof wristbands for the whole family, which can be used to charge purchases throughout the park. Your account will automatically settle at the end of each day. It’s a free, smart and convenient way to enjoy the park without worrying about misplacing your cash or credit cards. Available at Guest Relations or the Welcome Center.
Lockers can be rented for the day. Advance reservations online are recommended.
Wheelchairs are available to rent. Advance reservations online are recommended.
Yes, you may bring your own stroller to the park. Strollers are available to rent.
Guide dogs/service animals are permitted into Sesame Place. All service animals must remain on a leash or harness and may not be left unattended.
Yes, before leaving the park make sure to get your hand stamped on your way out.
Outside food is not permitted with the exception of baby formula, snacks and medically necessary items. Picnic areas are available outside the park.
Soft-sided coolers no larger than 10"x10"x12" are permitted.
Sesame Place is 30 minutes north of Philadelphia.
Sesame Place is 90 minutes south of New York City.
You can take New Jersey Transit to the Trenton train station and catch a SEPTA bus or a cab to Sesame Place. Sesame Place is located 10 minutes West of Trenton. Please call SEPTA at 215-580-7800 for bus schedule information, and please call New Jersey Transit 1-800-626-RIDE for train schedules.
Sesame Place security procedures may result in slight delays while entering the park. As a part of this process:
- All bags, backpacks, and packages are subject to inspection prior to entering the park.
- As a reminder, the following items are not permitted to be brought into Sesame Place for the safety of our guests: weapons, glass bottles, cans, any other type of sharp objects, large hard or soft coolers, and any hazardous items or materials.
- Please leave any unnecessary articles secured within your vehicle to expedite your entry into the park.
- Sesame Place is not responsible for fire, theft, damage or loss of vehicle including articles left within.