Sesame Place suggests that visitors 13 and younger be accompanied by an adult except when participating in an event intended only for young guests such as birthday parties and educational programs.
Park Closing Policy
In order to guarantee our guests' comfort and safety, Sesame Place may close during the day based on attendance. Guests are encouraged to arrive early. Please check sesameplace.com or call 1-866-GO-4-ELMO for details.
The Sunny Day Guarantee
- If it rains continuously for one hour while a guest is in the park, Sesame Place will issue Sunny Day tickets.
- A Sunny Day ticket is valid for a return visit any operating day during the current operating season.
- Guests who leave the park during the time it rains may exchange their admission ticket at Guest Relations.
- Guests who do not exchange their ticket on the date of their visit forfeit their Sunny Day tickets.
- Guests will receive one Sunny Day ticket for every paid admission ticket turned in.
- Guests with an After 3PM ticket will receive an After 3PM Sunny Day ticket.
- Not valid on chaperone and complimentary tickets.
Sesame Place offers guests a smoke-free environment. Smoking is only permitted outside the front gate
Line Cutting Policy
Line cutting is prohibited at all rides, attractions and shows. Cutting in line for any reason may result in ejection from the park. No refunds will be issued. Sesame Place defines line cutting as: Cutting in front of other guests who are already in line, saving a spot for another guest, leaving a line, then attempting to reenter at the same point. Any behavior deemed inappropriate by Sesame Place may result in ejection from the park without refund.
Cooler and Picnic Policy
Small coolers for baby food, baby formula or medicine are permitted inside the park. The maximum size of an acceptable cooler is seven quarts or no larger than 10"x10"x12". If you choose to bring a picnic lunch, two picnic areas are available outside the park, one in the Preferred Parking Lot and the other in the General Parking Lot. If leaving the park to enjoy your picnic lunch, please have your hand stamped for re-admittance. No glass bottles are allowed inside the park.
Water Health & Safety Information
Know how to be cool at the pool. Play and swim with these six simple tips: Learn More
Swim Attire Policy
Life Jackets are available on all appropriate attractions.
Proper swim wear is required on all wet attractions. Swim diapers are required for diaper-wearing children. Water shoes are recommended. Swim suits, water shoes and swim diapers are available for purchase inside the park. Guests must wear appropriate clothing while in the park.
- Swim diapers are required for all water attractions and are available for purchase at the park.
- Proper swim attire must be worn on all water attractions.
- For all mechanical rides as well as some water rides, guests not meeting the established height and/or age requirements must be accompanied by a supervising companion at least 14 years of age.
- Loose articles are not permitted on mechanical rides and must remain with a non-rider or in a locker. Attendants are not responsible for loose articles.
- Shoes must be worn on all mechanical rides.
- Line cutting is not permitted. Guests that exit a line must reenter at the end of the line.
- For those guests with special needs, a Ride Accessibility Guide is available on the website as well as at The Welcome Center. Customized print-outs of accessible rides based on the guests’ needs are provided at The Welcome Center.
Sesame Place is committed to providing guests a safe and enjoyable experience. Because of different pathway configuration and terrain as well as large crowds that include small children and strollers, we regret that we cannot permit the use of two-wheeled, self-balancing electric vehicles such as Segways. We are pleased to offer other forms of personal transportation, including electric convenience vehicles and standard wheelchairs and we encourage you to contact Guest Services with any question you may have.
Sesame Place does have security procedures in place that may result in slight delays while entering the park. The procedures include:
- All bags, backpacks, and packages are subject to inspection prior to entering the park.
- For the safety of our guests, the following items are not permitted in the park: weapons, glass bottles, cans, sharp objects, large hard or soft coolers, and any hazardous items or materials.
- To expedite entry into the park, leave any unnecessary articles secured in your vehicle.
- Sesame Place is not responsible for fire, theft, damage or loss of vehicle or articles left within vehicles.<